Loves China
Reaction score

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
What about the Cygarin rankings?
lol. i forgot about that guy.

I did find this gem.

http://www.hawkeyelounge.com/threads/not-trying-to-step-on-psds-toes.163343/#post-3137426

fantastic post. "I know the collective data says Iowa was way better than Iowa State last year, but here are a bunch of smaller data points that say they were basically equal."
Guy was hilarious. I like how "Iowa played their best game of the year against Iowa State" just after he pointed out that Iowa had beaten a Top 10 Penn State on the road. Not to mention "the ability to beat Penn States has never been a sustainable entity for Iowa" as evidenced by narrow victories over Michigan and Michigan State.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Forgot about Rhoads pre-game interview featuring a little brother reference...

Reaction score
Flipping around the radio dial during drive time yesterday, some host on either KXNO or 1700 claimed earnestly (paraphrashing here): "Sorry CJ, but Allen Lazard was easily the best player on the field for either team last Saturday." He was dead serious and speaking as if it were indisputable fact. I'm not kidding.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Lazard is good college wr. Not fast enough to be a big deal in the nfl. Marvin McNutt Jr​

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Flipping around the radio dial during drive time yesterday, some host on either KXNO or 1700 claimed earnestly (paraphrashing here): "Sorry CJ, but Allen Lazard was easily the best player on the field for either team last Saturday." He was dead serious and speaking as if it were indisputable fact. I'm not kidding.
If the game was 65 minutes long he would have had at least 200+ receiving yards.

The DSM media loves them some ISU.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
That was Chris Williams. I heard it, too.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Didn't Lazard have a couple of drops Saturday? Including one that would have given ISU a first down right before King's punt return setup the go-ahead TD?

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Chris Williams is cyclone fan. Cyclone fan is Chris Williams. They're all fucking retarded. The ISUFan98s of the world are few and far between. Such a relief to not lose to that shit program/moronic fanbase.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Lazard killed us last year. On Saturday though, he was a non factor. He wasn't even their best receiver.

Pseudonym

Has a Tagline
Reaction score
I didn't make it to the game but caught it on tv. Iowa state has some serious problems. They're much improved from last year, but I'd be shocked if they won more than 2 games the rest of the year. At which point you have to fire rhoads.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I didn't make it to the game but caught it on tv. Iowa state has some serious problems. They're much improved from last year, but I'd be shocked if they won more than 2 games the rest of the year. At which point you have to fire rhoads.
Seemed like anyone of significance not named Campos and Lazard are seniors too. Next season will be tough.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Lazard killed us last year. On Saturday though, he was a non factor. He wasn't even their best receiver.
If I'm Lazard, I'm telling Iowa State it was nice knowing you. I took a leap of faith and have not been rewarded for it. Use the redshirt year he has to transfer to Notre Dame (or whoever might still want him and that utilizes a mobile TE) and use the year of good coaching to become the perfect combo WR/TE type. It's a desired position in the NFL, much more so than big and slow WR's. Marvin McNutt reference is perfect. Good to great WR in college-no shot in the NFL.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Yeah, the prospect of Bro Lanning as my QB for my final two years would be hugely concerning.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Yeah, the prospect of Bro Lanning as my QB for my final two years would be hugely concerning.
They made fun of him on the ESPNU daily college football show for being such a douche.

Reaction score
Lazard had 5 catches for 53 yards in '14. He's a big target with good hands, that's about it. Zero deep threat. The only guy who 'killed' us last year was Greg Davis.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Yikes. Didn't even consider that part of the equation. If ISU folks think Richardson is a poor QB, they're in for a "careful what you wish for" moment with Lanning. I think they'll find out that the reason they got him out of high school is they're the only school willing to let him play QB.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
I want Lanning to get some PT this year so they can see that he sucks and that they're fucked.

Reaction score
1:43:00 (3rd-and-21 with their guys doing jumping jacks before CJ's perfect pass to Vandy) is bonerific

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Yikes. Didn't even consider that part of the equation. If ISU folks think Richardson is a poor QB, they're in for a "careful what you wish for" moment with Lanning. I think they'll find out that the reason they got him out of high school is they're the only school willing to let him play QB.
The plan will be to sign an AA juco QB. They want to become Kansas State "light" and go the juco route.

gable_guy

Reaction score
I like the guy in the black shirt. Makes an appearance in both late TDs.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Rewatched the game again last night. I'm even more impressed with Iowa's performance. Not much more to add to want has already been said.

Love this O-Line. For being a question mark at the beginning of the year, they've performed extremely well. Iowa State has some good defensive players (most of the JuCos)

Ben Niemann is going to be good.

Hesse worked Campos, yet all I hear is how Campos neutralized Ott for a quarter.

King and Mabin are both NFL players.

Iowa didn't go prevent defense at the end of the game. Perhaps another sign of Kirk's new football attitude?

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Rewatched the game again last night. I'm even more impressed with Iowa's performance. Not much more to add to want has already been said.

Love this O-Line. For being a question mark at the beginning of the year, they've performed extremely well. Iowa State has some good defensive players (most of the JuCos)

Hesse worked Campos, yet all I hear is how Campos neutralized Ott for a quarter.

Iowa didn't go prevent defense at the end of the game. Perhaps another sign of Kirk's new football attitude?
King makes some great breaks on the ball, is a good tackler and is pretty quick but he gets beat deep alot. I don't know if he has the flat out speed for the next level.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

King makes some great breaks on the ball, is a good tackler and is pretty quick but he gets beat deep alot. I don't know if he has the flat out speed for the next level.
I think some people blame him too much for the deep balls and the safeties don't get blamed enough.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
The flickster created another solid video.

My emotions were too charged during the game to fully appreciate the eliteness of CJ's arm. Some of those throws were scintillating as fuck.

Reaction score

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Anyone listening to the Drew Tate/Anton Narinsky podcasts?

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I'm kinda hoping the clowns can win a couple more games this year so they keep Rhoads around

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Anyone listening to the Drew Tate/Anton Narinsky podcasts?
I actually caught a bit of the ISU review the other day. It was pretty blah and the sound quality since everyone was on a phone made it worse. There were a couple odd/funny moments like Tate asking Kakert to explain a grayshirt.