Game Thread Iowa @ Pittsburgh - 9/20 - 11:00 a.m. - ESPNU

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Sunshine might generate some blood flow, but I'm not sure any other player can at this point.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Talked to a Harrisburg, PA native tonight at the bar. Dude's a huge fan of the game.

Him: You a hok? One of my fav players of all time played running back for Iowa in the late '60s. Who is it?

Me: Hmm. Lemme think.

Him: Coached in the NFL and college.

Me: Shit, I have some gaps in my Iowa knowledge from those lean years. I'm embarrassed.

Him: It's a black man.

Me: DENNIS GREEN!
This guy was a diehard Ravens fan and tells me that KF is a "great" and "down to earth" guy who requires our patience. He said he was disgusted with the boos from the Ball St. game.

LMAO

Gushawk

Reaction score
Whatever kind it takes, or that I can get.

Reaction score
Supposedly Canzeri has been starting with the 1's all week. Bizarre.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Someone updated the Greg Davis Offense pic....

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Game watch at BLPs crib. Who's in???

Gushawk

Reaction score
I can't decide if I'd be pissed or happy if he got 15-20 carries tomorrow.

Reaction score
Listened to all of Morehouse's player interviews and there is a lot of open frustration being vented mostly about play calling and the lack of throwing the ball deeper. My take is Rudock's decision making may be as much to blame (for the lack of throwing beyond 15+yds) as play calling from the booth. Rudock comes across aloof and smug. It is refreshing that it took Beathard only a few plays to go deep with near success.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Not really. The staff claimed after the game Canzeri was injured on his last KO return, explaining his absence from the game after he'd been rushing the ball effectively.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Was the kickoff the last time we saw him? I don't remember, but I do remember Parker taking the second to last kickoff, which I thought was weird at the time.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Was the kickoff the last time we saw him? I don't remember, but I do remember Parker taking the second to last kickoff, which I thought was weird at the time.
That was the last we saw of him.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Not that it materially discounts from Kirk being a tremendous dumbfuck, but at least I've now got a kernel of hope that the RB rotation might look a little less stupid. Thanks guys!

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
That was the last we saw of him.
I watched it again the other night b/c I wondered if he was hurt, and he didn't get up limping or anything that I noticed. If anything, he was rocked pretty hard up high.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I think they said it was his foot, right?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Listened to all of Morehouse's player interviews and there is a lot of open frustration being vented mostly about play calling and the lack of throwing the ball deeper. My take is Rudock's decision making may be as much to blame (for the lack of throwing beyond 15+yds) as play calling from the booth. Rudock comes across aloof and smug. It is refreshing that it took Beathard only a few plays to go deep with near success.
Dunno where Rudock would get that aloof and smugness from..

Gushawk

Reaction score
I want my QB to be cocky and confident. Of course, I want him have talent, balls and not suck too.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
Not really. The staff claimed after the game Canzeri was injured on his last KO return, explaining his absence from the game after he'd been rushing the ball effectively.
This in itself is another dumb personnel issue. If you aren't going to play Powell at WR why not get him touches in the return game without worrying about injuring your would be starting RB.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I hate Kirk's personnel management perhaps more than anything about him. He just seems to be really weird in assessing which mistakes and shortcomings he cares about and which he doesn't. It definitely doesn't seem to be based on which ones are most likely to affect his team's actual on field performance, especially on the offensive side. It almost has to be very personal/personality based - moreso than most coaches, I think.

Reaction score
I think it's fricking odd that after all these years we still don't understand (other then assuming he may be a dumb ass) why or why not Kirk does what he does. He would have made a great politician.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
I think they said it was his foot, right?
yes. that's what seemed odd about it. He got hit pretty hard up high, sat still a minute, hopped up and flipped the ball to the umpire showing no sign of injury. Not saying he wasn't nicked up, but he wasn't limping or assisted off the field or anything.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Thanks for putting that together for us, rolo.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Also,look for this to be the fastest played college football game so far this year.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I've decided that I'm not watching today's game. Tired of watching boring football.