Game Thread Iowa @ Pittsburgh - 9/20 - 11:00 a.m. - ESPNU

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score

I'll let you bitches know the spread mid week

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Pitt wins 20-13. Thank god for kf's newfound confidence in the kickers.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
They are going to pack our shit into a a brick like density.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
Pitt 31
Iowa 27

Iowa scores double the TDs away against a decent Pitt team than at home against a horrible ISU team, oh but misses an XP.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
How in the hell does Iowa score 27 points Micker? Iowa will hang around, we will feel decent about it until Pitt scores late to put the game out of reach.

Iowa 10
Pitt 23

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I wanna see these guys away from Kinnick.

The road is the new home.

Reaction score
Pitt has been about as one dimensional as they come. Thru three games they have a total of 205 passing yards. On the flip side, they avg. almost 7 ypc. Even with the one dimensional offense, I don't think a whole lot of Iowa's chances. Would usually consider that a great bounce back opportunity, don't think so with this team. 28 - 17, Pitt.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Pitt 2
Iowa 0

Ferentz calls for the intentional safety in the first quarter, out of fear Pitt will score a TD instead, and neither team scores the rest of the way.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I'm not going to do the whole 'Iowa lost this week so they're going to get blown out next week prediction' but I do expect them to lose.

Iowa 17
Pitt 24

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
A loss and no QB change is Barta's nightmare scenario from a future home game attendance perspective, IMO.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Wasn't Pittsburg jake cs last stand ? Hope history repeats itself

Gushawk

Reaction score
Yes. He got the second half, singlehandedly lost the game, and Kirk relented.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I feel sort of bad but not really that a couple times Jake got hit yesterday that I thought he blew out his knee or was concussed.

Gushawk

Reaction score
It's funny that this scheme clear is built for - or at least requires - an improvising QB, yet Kirk insists on trotting the least improvisational guy possible (both physically and mentally) out to run it. One of these things have to change, but neither will. Stubbornness and loyalty can lead to some truly irrational decisions and behaviors.

Eastside Ray Ray

Cleans his ass with toilet water
Reaction score
It's funny that this scheme clear is built for - or at least requires - an improvising QB, yet Kirk insists on trotting the least improvisational guy possible (both physically and mentally) out to run it. One of these things have to change, but neither will. Stubbornness and loyalty can lead to some truly irrational decisions and behaviors.

It's been 16 years now. Nothing will change. It's dead. Bury it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The more maddening thing is that it was working better last year with less talent. The plays were different. Now it seems like a complete reversal to the 2012 Offense for some stupid fucking reason.

Weisman and Bullock getting time on the field in 2012 to cement their positions as the most experienced players despite their actual talent is also killing this team as much as Rudock is. It happened with Vandenberg, Derby, Gaglione, Shumpert and countless others. Now you see it with Weisman/Bullock/Hillyer/Rudock/Lowdermilk and others.

Oh, the other shitty thing is Lomax won't be on the field until the second half.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I will say again, almost every single person here that has ever played Madden even as far back as the early 90's would be a better option at this point over Greg fucking Davis. I really mean that.

You could have sat a 10 year old in the booth against Iowa State with a basic Madden set of plays and I would have more confidence. That is how bad Greg Davis is. You really have to try to be as awful as he is right now. It is really of epic proportions.

gohawkeyes811

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I will say again, almost every single person here that has ever played Madden even as far back as the early 90's would be a better option at this point over Greg fucking Davis. I really mean that.

You could have sat a 10 year old in the booth against Iowa State with a basic Madden set of plays and I would have more confidence. That is how bad Greg Davis is. You really have to try to be as awful as he is right now. It is really of epic proportions.
Most of the time when people say stuff like this, it is ridiculous and just stupid fan speak.

But, I agree 100%. You literally could have just sat there and clicked the "ask madden" button on every play and you would have the job over Greg Davis.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I have hopes of Ferentz walking into the coaches meeting today for tape review and taking a huge binder that says KOK PLAYBOOK and dropping it with a huge thud right in front of Davis and then walking out.

It makes me sad that we long for KOK.

Reaction score
Pitt has been about as one dimensional as they come. Thru three games they have a total of 205 passing yards. On the flip side, they avg. almost 7 ypc. Even with the one dimensional offense, I don't think a whole lot of Iowa's chances. Would usually consider that a great bounce back opportunity, don't think so with this team. 28 - 17, Pitt.
One dimensional? Seems to be a great fit for the Big10!

Reaction score
This may surprise many on here, but I think this week is exactly the type of game in which Iowa will be surprisingly competitive. Just when we look like shit and fans write off the game is when we somehow play a decent (or at least much improved) game. It's almost as if Kirk has to suck balls so bad that he gets even the diehards pissed off before he can get the team into an us-against-the-world mentality.

Eastside Ray Ray

Cleans his ass with toilet water
Reaction score

Damond Powell deep. Repeat.

Put Powell in as QB and run triple option.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
This may surprise many on here, but I think this week is exactly the type of game in which Iowa will be surprisingly competitive. Just when we look like shit and fans write off the game is when we somehow play a decent (or at least much improved) game. It's almost as if Kirk has to suck balls so bad that he gets even the diehards pissed off before he can get the team into an us-against-the-world mentality.
Agree. This is almost scripted at this point.

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
This may surprise many on here, but I think this week is exactly the type of game in which Iowa will be surprisingly competitive. Just when we look like shit and fans write off the game is when we somehow play a decent (or at least much improved) game.
Correct.

Kirk and Davis obviously design gameplans to try to get one more score than the other team, seemingly based on scoring averages. This coaching staff rarely if ever has the mentality to get all the points that they can. The thought is always field position, running the clock after even a marginal lead, and just keeping it close until the end.

Even the W Michigan game last year with a huge lead, the reigns weren't lifted - most of the points came from 2 KMM kick returns (remember when he used to do that?) and 2 Lowery INTs for TDs.

There will be much more downhill running, downhill passing, and better defense, because they'll know that they need to do so. They'll come up just short in the end, or maybe actually win just to drive all of us nuts that the same play calls weren't used against a defense where it would have been even more successful.

Again.

I

Indie Hawk

This is fucking funny. Mostly because it's true. How fucking sad is that?

MickerHawk

Drives a 22R
Reaction score
How in the hell does Iowa score 27 points Micker? Iowa will hang around, we will feel decent about it until Pitt scores late to put the game out of reach.

Iowa 10
Pitt 23
It's simple, really.

Iowa staff will think they need to score the same as the average of the first 2 Pitt games (~35) and will come up one score short (27 -counting a missed XP).

Then just add 3-4 pts to Iowa's for Pitt's score.

Reaction score
I wont even watch the fucking game. I'll be in Lincoln for the Miami vs Nebrantska game. Yea, neither of those two teams are world-beaters either, but I'll be drinking with friends at the bar.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Pitt opens as a 4 point favorite.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I wont even watch the fucking game. I'll be in Lincoln for the Miami vs Nebrantska game. Yea, neither of those two teams are world-beaters either, but I'll be drinking with friends at the bar.
I was so close to going that game since my buddy here is a Miami diehard.

Have a great time.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
It will be close. Pitt heavy run offense is good for our d.