***2014/15 Coaching Changes***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Should Clone fans start to worry? You know, 'cuz maybe Illinois will come after the coach they really wanted the first time around.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Should Clone fans start to worry? You know, 'cuz maybe Illinois will come after the coach they really wanted the first time around.
Why the fuck would they worry? Most probably wouldn't give a shit if Rhoads left. They worried they'll only win 1 game instead of 2 or 3?

Reaction score
Reaction score
that's really interesting. are there whispers within the coaching community?

Reaction score
I'd prefer Stitt to this shit.
I dunno, he's super young and took WMU from 1-11 his first year to 8-5 and has apparently had three straight top MAC recruiting classes. I'd rather have Bret obviously, but if you're going with a MAC coach he'd be a better option than an older guy like Beckman was.

Reaction score
I'd prefer Stitt to this shit.
I dunno, he's super young and took WMU from 1-11 his first year to 8-5 and has apparently had three straight top MAC recruiting classes. I'd rather have Bret obviously, but if you're going with a MAC coach he'd be a better option than an older guy like Beckman was.
Lol. I guess he looks okay if you compare him to...Beckman.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I'd rather have Zook and Illinois was wrong to let him go.

Unfortunately, I think this is exactly the type of hire Gary Barta gives us. He will go overboard in trying not to repeat the Kirk contract.

In short, I sorta think we're fucked.

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I think this is exactly the type of hire Gary Barta gives us. He will go overboard in trying not to repeat the Kirk contract.

I hope not. Steve Alford, Part II.

Gushawk

Reaction score
He's a corn ball gomer who reeks "Not Big Time", IMO.

Reaction score

Garta isn't hiring the next coach.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fleck is the worst.
I don't know much about him. Why do you dislike him so much?
PJ Fleck is a fucking clown. He is a sideshow that can say a bunch of stupid ra ra shit to get hired at somewhere desperate like Western Michigan, but he is not the type of person you hand over a program like Iowa to. He is the type of guy when that shit wears off or doesn't work, it gets ugly very quickly.

He is also (rumored) the type of guy to blast through co-eds (not in a Bert sort of good way) and end up getting a divorce from his wife who had his 3 kids. The guy is a used car salesman piece of shit and is also a midget.

Reaction score
The only potential realistic upgrade from Ferentz would be Bielema as of now.

If Iowa fires Ferentz, and Bielema doesn't come back, you'll be left with someone like this bozo or Bob Diaco. It would be like Tennessee firing Philip Fulmer and ending up with Lane Kiffin and then Derek Dooley.

If you don't think Bielema is coming back just get Kirk to make a change at OC. Teddy Greenstein is a pretty respected writer, it makes me nervous that Iowa and this guy are mentioned together.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
On February 2, 2012, he was hired as the offensive coordinator at Northern Illinois University. Coach Dave Doeren said the following about Fleck's hiring, "We spoke at length about why this is the right place for him. It was very evident to me that he bleeds NIU, and he would have tremendous pride and passion working not just for me, but for the university to help continue what we started last year, and really what he started here as a player. His recruiting abilities and passing game expertise, working alongside Coach Carey as our run game coordinator, will be a great combination for our offense."[11] Just one day later, on February 3, 2012, Fleck abruptly resigned the Northern Illinois position to accept a position as wide receivers coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL.
:icon_neutral:

During his time with the Buccaneers, Fleck was known to wear cleats during practice, often running routes and simulating defenses with the receivers
:roll:

One of Fleck's first actions as head coach was to rescind scholarship offers to incoming players who had verbally committed to Western Michigan. The withdraws occurred weeks before the national signing day, and left players unable to arrange other Division I scholarships as slots were already filled at other schools.[18] "I know if it was me, I would be ticked," Fleck said of the players who had scholarship offers pulled. "I also know if it was me, I would have showed up in the office of the head football coach, telling him I was dying to still be here."[18] Fleck started his position during a dead period when recruits are not allowed to have face-to-face contact with coaches.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
On February 2, 2012, he was hired as the offensive coordinator at Northern Illinois University. Coach Dave Doeren said the following about Fleck's hiring, "We spoke at length about why this is the right place for him. It was very evident to me that he bleeds NIU, and he would have tremendous pride and passion working not just for me, but for the university to help continue what we started last year, and really what he started here as a player. His recruiting abilities and passing game expertise, working alongside Coach Carey as our run game coordinator, will be a great combination for our offense."[11] Just one day later, on February 3, 2012, Fleck abruptly resigned the Northern Illinois position to accept a position as wide receivers coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL.

During his time with the Buccaneers, Fleck was known to wear cleats during practice, often running routes and simulating defenses with the receivers

One of Fleck's first actions as head coach was to rescind scholarship offers to incoming players who had verbally committed to Western Michigan. The withdraws occurred weeks before the national signing day, and left players unable to arrange other Division I scholarships as slots were already filled at other schools.[18] "I know if it was me, I would be ticked," Fleck said of the players who had scholarship offers pulled. "I also know if it was me, I would have showed up in the office of the head football coach, telling him I was dying to still be here."[18] Fleck started his position during a dead period when recruits are not allowed to have face-to-face contact with coaches.
Definitely sounds more like an Iowa State guy.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

Sounds like a cum bubble.

Reaction score
The only potential realistic upgrade from Ferentz would be Bielema as of now.

If Iowa fires Ferentz, and Bielema doesn't come back, you'll be left with someone like this bozo or Bob Diaco.
BS.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I'm firmly in the Bert or bust camp, but there is plenty out there superior to the Kirk and Greg unholy alliance.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

A lot of position coaches do this. They were just talking about Ken Norton Jr doing this very thing last night

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I know Mangino does. Loves getting out there to show them how it's supposed to be done.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm agnostic about the whole thing (first, it's Kaczenski and second, it's Nebrantska), but the idea of referring to football-playing adults as "young college kids" is so stupid.

Reaction score

LOFL. Sorry guys, I have to say, I think our wishes to get Bert were misplaced.

Reaction score
Mangino has to be looking at all these jobs like a Vegas buffet. He had to be thinking why pretend like I give a shit about ISU...just cut bait and start interviewing for another head coaching position.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
who the fuck is going hire an asshole that got fired from the two worst programs in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.