**Official Iowa @ Ohio State Game Thread Saturday 1:30 PM** FOX

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Also, Barta might be an idiot but things could be a whole helluva lot worse. He clearly knows how to fundraise and has gotten some pretty significant things done in his time in Iowa City. Additionally, all of the sports anyone cares about are competing at high levels.

I know it’s the popular thing to do to shit on him constantly but there are very few athletic departments around the country performing as well as Iowa is right now and really over the past 7 years.
iowa fan and media LOVE to bitch about ONE SIDED BUYOUTS!!!! Yet we’ve never come close to paying one.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Are you trying to rip Joey Range’s heart out? He was top 50 and in Dr Tom’s last class.

Also , my recollection is that Jeff Walker was top 50 ish. I saw him in PTL before he got kicked out for stealing that kid’s ATM card . Would have been an excellent player.
For some reason I recalled Rod T but not Range

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Are you trying to rip Joey Range’s heart out? He was top 50 and in Dr Tom’s last class.

Also , my recollection is that Jeff Walker was top 50 ish. I saw him in PTL before he got kicked out for stealing that kid’s ATM card . Would have been an excellent player.
Walker was fucking awesome. His jumper was a little funky, but NBA athlete. Who knows how that would have turned out.

IowaWigman

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

That kid? Show Tucker some respect.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Walker and Range are both kind of hard to rank -- Street and Smith didn't have Walker top 100, but some had him around 40. Similar with Range, with some services at the time having him just below McD AA level, and others with him down around 70 or so.

"Off court questions" were frequently cited.

I may be wearing Fran-colored glasses again, but with the exception of the kid who did time, Fran hasn't brought in any sketchy characters. His busts have been kids who just aren't Big Ten basketball players.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
great win. Play d and rebound like that all year and a sweet 16 could happen. Was good to see Fran realize he can play The Key and Ulis at the same time.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
great win. Play d and rebound like that all year and a sweet 16 could happen. Was good to see Fran realize he can play The Key and Ulis at the same time.
and the perkins-jbo combo is more effective at both ends of the floor than key-jbo. defense is a wash (maybe perkins is a tad better covering 2s than key was on 1s, and jbo is horrible no matter where he is), but the offense is clearly better with jbo at the point.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
He's done it a couple times and it's worked but he doesn't go to it often

coff

Busker
Reaction score
I like Fran and love his offense. I think MikeySlow pointed it out a few weeks back, it seems he just refuses to address the things he / his teams suck at, year after year. If retards like us can see it, how doesn’t he or the staff? It is infuriating. I don’t think Fran deserves to be let go anytime soon but I also don’t think he should have been extended to eternity either. That’s on Garta. He’s a god damn retard.
*Mid-level Mikey. MikeySlow was last year.

Reaction score
Whats puzzling to me is i can recall only once seeing the lineup of key/ulis/tp since the purdue game. Those three doods pressing at purdue were extremely effective.

I dont even remember what game it was fran went back to it. It was very breif like a couple minutes. And didnt produce results. But i dont know how u look at what happened at purdue and dont go back to that the rest of the season beyond one 2 minute stretch. Weird.

I get not a lot of offense in that group and i guess thats just anathema to Fran. Those three plus the murrays could be pretty effective now and then against certain teams.