**Official Iowa at ISU Game Thread - 11 AM - ESPN2 **

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Park is no All-American but he is their best QB since Wallace.

Montgomery is really good.

Over the course of the season I think this Iowa defense will be proven to be one of the best in the KF. ISU put 41 up on them.

All things considered, Iowa St. is better than they've been and will win 6 games. If they could win 6 games or more regularly I think we'd all feel much better about this series. As it is now, a win, even over an improved ISU team costs Iowa votes in the poll.

Reaction score
The historically shitty QBs of the Big Ten West, including the starting QB of the Seahawks, the starter for the Saints, the starter for the Broncos (?), the current starter for the Colts, the backup for the 49ers, the backup for the Lions, and I'm sure I'm missing others. All soon to be overshadowed in the pros by Jacob Park.
Reaching for Brees? LOL

Russell Wilson graduated in 2011. Scott Tolzein graduated in 2010. Jake Rudock played (poorly) for Iowa. Beathard played for Iowa and had a bad senior season. OK, Trevor Simien was a terror to play at Northwestern, I'll give you that.
You mean that bad Senior season when he ran all over ISU and you got rape roomed 42-3? Your QB looks legit because he has some good receivers, Beathard tore your ass up with a former walk-on and nothing else...

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score

Over the course of the season I think this Iowa defense will be proven to be one of the best in the KF. ISU put 41 up on them.

All things considered, Iowa St. is better than they've been and will win 6 games. If they could win 6 games or more regularly I think we'd all feel much better about this series. As it is now, a win, even over an improved ISU team costs Iowa votes in the poll.
Classy post.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't at all. I'd feel much better if they would win 0 or less games more regularly. Fuck you.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't at all. I'd feel much better if they would win 0 or less games more regularly. Fuck you.
Now that *is* a classy post. I'm definitely rooting for you the rest of the way.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Trust me guys, I've watched my team get beat plenty, and that was fairly pedestrian, including a few individuals performing well for us, take that!
Look, you guys were wrong about the perceived talent gap. It wasn't there yesterday. Iowa got this one, and it fucking sucked. But I'm not an idiot. There's context. I'm looking forward to being 2-1 with Texas coming to Ames.
I for one will be rooting for Iowa State over Texas. Because fuck Texas.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Trust me guys, I've watched my team get beat plenty, and that was fairly pedestrian, including a few individuals performing well for us, take that!
Look, you guys were wrong about the perceived talent gap. It wasn't there yesterday. Iowa got this one, and it fucking sucked. But I'm not an idiot. There's context. I'm looking forward to being 2-1 with Texas coming to Ames.
Nope. Fuck you.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Don't take this personally but die in a fire

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Don't take this personally but die in a fire
As of 15 seconds ago, I like Texas more than I like @WCFHawkeye.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Watched the Wadley Highlights from some draft site. The receivers blocked their asses off. Vandeburg was lowering his shoulder on some of those crack back blocks.

Reaction score

BLSardo

BSLardo, Carnie
Reaction score
I don't know what the fuck FaB is on about, but there is nothing worse than the rooting for ISU when they aren't playing Iowa mentality.

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
Just watched the first half. If Lanning is their best ML, they are in trouble. He has zero instincts for the position. Looked lost for the most part. Teams are going to ID this and burn him. A lot of what ISU did was impressive but four 90 yard touchdown drives and one 78 yard TD drive is amazing for what it says about the defense. Still, the Big 12 is the weakest it has ever been, so ISU may very well be in a bowl.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
How many times can one broadcast team mention "culture change!1"? Good lord.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Iowa is certainly a team that does what it does, but if they played teams like Iowa State weekly, they would adjust.
Yeah, my point was worthy of "duh". But as someone that hopes Iowa loses every game for eternity, it's frustrating to watch them play shitty QBs every week.

This is another really stupid, completely fabricated ISU fan narrative....and another reason your stupid fucking fan base continues to be mocked by the rest of the civilized football world.

Last time I checked (year ago?) the Big 12 was tied for something like 7th in NFL QB's. Head to head with powerhouse conferences like the American Athletic.

Meanwhile, the Big 10 had something like over double the number of NFL QB's. Tied for 3rd I believe.

Seriously fucking stupid @birdinahouse
Brandon Weeden and Zac Robinson were both infinitely better than Jacob Park and they both sucked in the NFL. They both had great receivers.

Mason Rudolph is going to torch ISU. He's a stud that also happens to have great receivers.

Reaction score
Yeah, my point was worthy of "duh". But as someone that hopes Iowa loses every game for eternity, it's frustrating to watch them play shitty QBs every week.

This is another really stupid, completely fabricated ISU fan narrative....and another reason your stupid fucking fan base continues to be mocked by the rest of the civilized football world.

Last time I checked (year ago?) the Big 12 was tied for something like 7th in NFL QB's. Head to head with powerhouse conferences like the American Athletic.

Meanwhile, the Big 10 had something like over double the number of NFL QB's. Tied for 3rd I believe.

Brandon Weeden and Zac Robinson were both infinitely better than Jacob Park and they both sucked in the NFL. They both had great receivers.

Mason Rudolph is going to torch ISU. He's a stud that also happens to have great receivers.

Who???

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Think about what the producer of the broadcast is thinking. They're trying to get a casual fan to watch, and Iowa State's reputation outside the fever swamps of Ames is a joke. They're the ultimate bottom feeder. So you go on and on about how this is different, so maybe you'll fool someone into watching.

They probably didn't.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Think about what the producer of the broadcast is thinking. They're trying to get a casual fan to watch, and Iowa State's reputation outside the fever swamps of Ames is a joke. They're the ultimate bottom feeder. So you go on and on about how this is different, so maybe you'll fool someone into watching.

They probably didn't.
You'd have to be a total faggot to be fooled into watching Iowa State Football because they are allegedly undergoing a "culture change".

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Wouldn't it suck if you were a 50 year old reporter and you got assigned to an Iowa State game?

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
OK let's move this shit over to the thread about making fun of Iowa State. Lock this one down.

On to the next.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Dodging the question huh. Do you even pizza brah?

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
I got a caprese flatbread at Crave last night. It was pretty good and I even have leftovers for lunch!

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

Who???
Exactly.

Whatever

Loves Fayette
Reaction score
Ike getting hurt was huge. The running game was starting to kick in and they were taking control of the game. He went out and they started shuffling guys around and the running game did very little the rest of the game. They had 24 carries for 125 yards when Ike went out and 17 carries for 39 yards after that.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Just watched the first half. If Lanning is their best ML, they are in trouble. He has zero instincts for the position. Looked lost for the most part. Teams are going to ID this and burn him. A lot of what ISU did was impressive but four 90 yard touchdown drives and one 78 yard TD drive is amazing for what it says about the defense. Still, the Big 12 is the weakest it has ever been, so ISU may very well be in a bowl.
Yeah Morehouse has a good article which shows how Iowa used play action against him to get a couple guys wide open in key spots.