**Official #2 Michigan at Iowa Game Thread**

Reaction score
rick neuheisel crying like a little bitch on his show about big ten refs and the face mask with no mention of the roughing the center call

Reaction score
Fuck all those people who left Kinnick after the interception. There were a lot of them.
I left but came back into the Southwest corner to see it. Lots of people followed us in.
JFC

Did you not notice the 3 fucking timeouts and the fact that our defense had been owning them? 3-and-out with us getting the ball back with 1:30+ left was the most probable outcome after the pick.

Reaction score
Fuck all those people who left Kinnick after the interception. There were a lot of them.
I left but came back into the Southwest corner to see it. Lots of people followed us in.
JFC

Did you not notice the 3 fucking timeouts and the fact that our defense had been owning them? 3-and-out with us getting the ball back with 1:30+ left was the most probable outcome after the pick.
He's a real scumbag, that @brantshawks

Reaction score
This won't get me any likes, but the roughing the center call was correct. You cannot hit the long snapper within 1 second of the snap, period. It's not a grey area at all.

It's rarely called because it rarely happens and avoiding it is easy to coach.

Reaction score
This won't get me any likes, but the roughing the center call was correct. You cannot hit the long snapper within 1 second of the snap, period. It's not a grey area at all.

I think it was sort of ticky tack in that situation but by the rule it was correct. Snyder also has a bad habit of hitting dangerously so I wasn't shocked

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

It was correct, but a horseshit time and scenario to call it given he didn't bull rush him and let him stand and face him before he engaged. Even the rules expert said it was weak.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I was drunk and pissed. I walked right in the sw gates and watched everything meaningful. Zero fucks given.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
here's everything beginning with CJ's pick

First time I've watched the video of the end (I was at the game and didn't leave early). It appears Michigan only had 10 players on the field on the last play, which is nice of them

douglasbader

Reaction score
First time I've watched the video of the end (I was at the game and didn't leave early). It appears Michigan only had 10 players on the field on the last play, which is nice of them
Iowa is also lucky that Duncan kicked it to the right as if he kicks it down the middle it likely gets blocked. I have no idea what the strategy was from Iowa blocking other than bend over and make it easier for them to jump over the top and block the kick".

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
This was a huge upset but not a 'bad loss' for Michigan. Before the season, or even after week 2, no one would have been suprised by this final score.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This was a huge upset but not a 'bad loss' for Michigan. Before the season, or even after week 2, no one would have been suprised by this final score.
It became a bad loss for them....

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
That's a lot of weeks ago, though.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
It became a bad loss for them....

That was a really strange hit. The Iowa tackler hit him right on the point to the shoulder with the top front of his helmet. It got him just under the shoulder pad too. I don't know that I have ever seen an impact like that before.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Which tackle was it? He seemed to be hurting pretty bad after their final play where Hesse hit him.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score

The long snapper intentionally moved into Snyder. They've done it before & harbaugh "alerts" the refs to watch for it. Ask Wisconsin.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Looks like you'll have another chance to dvr this puppy is Wednesday morning at 3 a.m. on ESPNU.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

The long snapper intentionally moved into Snyder. They've done it before & harbaugh "alerts" the refs to watch for it. Ask Wisconsin.
Here's discussion about it on a Wisconsin board. And yes, although the title of the thread is "Roughing The Snapper", it is SFW.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/88606/roughing-the-snapper#.WCoTaclnAha

BLSardo

BSLardo, Carnie
Reaction score

Here's discussion about it on a Wisconsin board. And yes, although the title of the thread is "Roughing The Snapper", it is SFW.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/88606/roughing-the-snapper#.WCoTaclnAha
Thank the mighty @Wild Onion we don't have to endure their formatting.

nikolausp

Paid His Bills
Reaction score

Here's the video of the Snapper Roughing in the MICH / WISC game. The long snapper did not intentionally move into anybody on that one.

http://proxy.espn.com/video/clip?id=17687126

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score

Here's the video of the Snapper Roughing in the MICH / WISC game. The long snapper did not intentionally move into anybody on that one.

http://proxy.espn.com/video/clip?id=17687126
He didn't initiate the contact, but did look like he started to fall backward, even before the Wisconsin guy made contact. Sure looked like he was confident of what the penalty was going to be at :25.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
What did Leistikow tweet out that he is apologizing for now?

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Finally home. It was awesome watching the ABC satellite/clean feed at work and got to see the locker room after the game.

Kirk's post-game talk was awesome. He started it with something like "Two words.....BIG....BALLS." Then said stuff like "You fucking deserved that win tonight" and "Be careful tonight but enjoy the shit out of this win."

Then they were about to do the fight song when King called Duncan to the center to help lead. Then Kirk called in Rugamba, told him he had a hell of a game and not to become a prick now then pushed him jokingly.

Post-game locker room Kirk > Press conference Kirk

V

valp0

Finally home. It was awesome watching the ABC satellite/clean feed at work and got to see the locker room after the game.

Kirk's post-game talk was awesome. He started it with something like "Two words.....BIG....BALLS." Then said stuff like "You fucking deserved that win tonight" and "Be careful tonight but enjoy the shit out of this win."

Then they were about to do the fight song when King called Duncan to the center to help lead. Then Kirk called in Rugamba, told him he had a hell of a game and not to become a prick now then pushed him jokingly.

Were those a couple of bros banging each other in the next room in the first video?

douglasbader

Reaction score
It sounds like a couple of guys may have been having sex near you when you recorded this @HawkLax6

HawkLax6

Reaction score

Were those a couple of bros banging each other in the next room in the first video?
We were live doing the Arizona-Colorado halftime and Mike Hill was yelling during highlights.

HawkLax6

Reaction score
Also, I know people don't want to hear it but Mike Pereira told me the roughing the center was the correct call.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

#WhitePeople

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score

We were live doing the Arizona-Colorado halftime and Mike Hill was yelling during highlights.
You didn't answer the question.

HawkLax6

Reaction score
Akrum Wadley had 167 rushing + receiving yards out of 230 yards total. Doubt that @HawkLax6 has the figure available but I am guessing that one RB/WR producing 72.6% of the offense is pretty fucking rare.
Wadley's 72.6% of the team's scrummage yards is the highest percent of any Iowa player since 1996 (as far back as I can check).

It is also the highest percent by any player in a win over an AP Top 2 team since 1996 (as far back as I can check).

Reaction score
Akrum Wadley had 167 rushing + receiving yards out of 230 yards total. Doubt that @HawkLax6 has the figure available but I am guessing that one RB/WR producing 72.6% of the offense is pretty fucking rare.
Wadley's 72.6% of the team's scrummage yards is the highest percent of any Iowa player since 1996 (as far back as I can check).

It is also the highest percent by any player in a win over an AP Top 2 team since 1996 (as far back as I can check).
I did not expect you to actually be able to look that up. that's even more impressive.