New OC

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Is Wallace head coach material? The NIL guy has hinted at Wallace being a possible successor to Ferentz, but I don't see it.

• GFY
Reactions: BBK

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Did you read the question dipshit? Or did you just use this as another opportunity to show off your INSIDER! knowledge?
Kinda sounded like he wanted to cry during the press conference

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm paraphrasing, but at one point he was talking about keeping the first read for the QB the same, but changing what the the other routes do on the back end, then throwing in motion and shifts in order to give the appearance of running different plays, in essence keeping it simple for the QB but hard for the defense.

I cried a little.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Was there any of this? “we’ve got a great QB in Deacon Hill already so I’m excited to get to work with him. He’s our guy the rest of the way”

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
as we move on in time, I am getting more optimistic, simply because I do think Brian was uniquely bad
For all the complaining about Chryst vs Johns vs Lester, the difference between those 3 should be far less than the difference between Lester and Brian. Hell, just having an actual QB coach should be a massive improvement.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
For all the complaining about Chryst vs Johns vs Lester, the difference between those 3 should be far less than the difference between Lester and Brian. Hell, just having an actual QB coach should be a massive improvement.
If he makes Lainez serviceable between now and August or adds a portal QB, it would do so much for my blood pressure

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I think we all know Cade plays half the season at best so getting someone decent in the portal is a must.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
as we move on in time, I am getting more optimistic, simply because I do think Brian was uniquely bad
This is a good point. Brian is so bad, that when Lester would give a pretty vanilla answer, it almost sounded like he was calling Brian out.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Anyone with prior OC experience is going to be markedly better than Brian.

Brian had plan A that could potentially work if he had ample NFL talent. If plan A didn’t work, he was incapable of making adjustments. I’m confident the new guy is capable of making in-game adjustments.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It will take a setback by Cade in the next few months for the Iowa coaches to go after a starter quality QB

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Just lead him out there with a box of kfc.
done

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Based on today alone, I’m betting he’s roughly 73 times more intelligent than Brian when it comes to that.
Well....Brian didn't have a clue how any of this football stuff actually worked. African Gray Parrot or something to that effect

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I have zero confidence in anything related to the offense. Hoping for the best but no expectations. I remember thinking Brian sounded good at his first press conference as well so not buying into anything based on today.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
In some weird twisted way, I'm going to sort of miss the stupid blank expressions and the playcard throwing outburts when one of his dumbfuck plays didn't work because "someone didn't execute well enough."

Last edited:

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Agree, with the caveat that only matters if he's allowed to bench said QB that sucks

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Once he gets to Deacon's portion of the season:

Hopefully, after watch that film he sits down and says Kirk, boss, dude, I love what you've built here. This is a great program but please get rid of this guy and let me bring in one guy from the portal and 1 freshman. The one you have coming in is a tight end.

thrawn

Reaction score
“Could be”

Feldman says they’re down to two and BOB is one but never says PC is the other