Where are they now? Chris Kingsbury

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Maybe that is why Josh drinks so much. Hoping he can get Kingsburys stroke

Reaction score
The talent from the State of Iowa from 1995-2000 that was either in High School or College at the time was really good.

Jess Settles
Ryan Bowen
Russ Millard
Acie Earl (Quad Cities counts)
Raef LaFrentz
Ricky Davis
Dean Oliver
Nick Collison
Kirk Hinrich
Fred Hoiberg
Loren Meyer
Justin Wessel

10 guys that got a shot or played in the NBA and another that might have if not for injury (Settles) and another that went to Arizona and won an NCAA Championship.
Acie Earl doesn't fit in that time frame. Aside from that, it really was a golden age for in-state basketball talent.
Good catch. Forgot Acie was 1993. There are a lot of other really good players left off that list as well who aren't NBA guys but were very solid high level players.
Ryan Sears from Ankeny. Played for Creighton & professionally overseas.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
And can we please get the fucking mediacom logo off the court?

Reaction score
We went toe-to-toe with a great Duke team that year too. Grant Hill, Antonio Lang, Cherokee Parks, Jeff Capel, Chris Collins.. Grant Hill was a true talent. Too bad foot/ankle injuries shortened his NBA career.

Costanza

Is Your Father
Reaction score
We went toe-to-toe with a great Duke team that year too. Grant Hill, Antonio Lang, Cherokee Parks, Jeff Capel, Chris Collins.. Grant Hill was a true talent. Too bad foot/ankle injuries shortened his NBA career.
I dont think shorten was the word you were looking for there.

Reaction score
Probably not, but he would have been a more elite player for a longer period of time if that makes any sense..He did play a long time but I wonder what his career stats would look like today if he'd been healthy.

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
yah mrs k is a MILF

I watched that UConn game w/ one of my BFFs at hooters. the whole place screamed "noooooo" after CK launched a critical 3, then just absolutely blew up when it went in the hoop.

these threads always make me nostalgic for the days when iowa basketball really mattered to me

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Dean Oliver's Mason City team played Ricky Davis's team in the state tournament the same day. We drove down and watched that game in Des Moines, then came back to Dysart freaking Iowa to watch the end of this game. A lot of alcohol consumed that day.
Probably true even if you only counted Chris Kingsbury.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Dean Oliver's Mason City team played Ricky Davis's team in the state tournament the same day. We drove down and watched that game in Des Moines, then came back to Dysart freaking Iowa to watch the end of this game. A lot of alcohol consumed that day.
I loved the Kingsbury rumors, mostly the one he used to have a water bottle full of vodka on the bench.

Reaction score
I loved the Kingsbury rumors, mostly the one he used to have a water bottle full of vodka on the bench.
Some retard got a posession ticket that night too. CSB

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
That picture couldn't get more Iowan if it tried.
Sure it could. They could be waiting 90 minutes for a table outside Texas Roadhouse on a Saturday night because they've got a coupon that's about to expire.