Game Thread **Official Purdue vs. Iowa Game Thread - 11:00am on ESPN2**

Reaction score
I'm sure the 27 degree temp at kickoff isn't helping either - Senior Day or not.
And with 20 mph winds out of the northwest and possible snow showers.

With no one acclimated to that type of cold yet, it's going to feel ultra cold.
I'll be back in Sec 133 like my old seats with my back to the wind. My only problem I fear is having to drive through a snow storm to get there.
Yep, timing sucks. In addition to 1-3 Fri night, 75% chance of snow 7am-10am (1-2") on Sat in IC. -Accuweather

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Looks like I have 2 extra for face if anyone's interested.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
If you got them off stubhub then I doubt you paid face value for them. There are a lot of tix on their for under $50

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
If you got them off stubhub then I doubt you paid face value for them. There are a lot of tix on their for under $50
upload_2015-11-18_14-23-2.png, fagface.

Ok, fine, I'll take $117.32 for them. I was off by $2.68. Just out to make a profit and retire early, I guess.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Well, in fairness, saving $2.68 is the same sort of thinking that led to the rain barrel installation.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Well, in fairness, saving $2.68 is the same sort of thinking that led to the rain barrel installation.
To make it worse, I haven't actually had it hooked up the last 2 summers. So far it's saved us roughly ($98.42).

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
To make it worse, I haven't actually had it hooked up the last 2 summers. So far it's saved us roughly ($98.42).
So basically it's just sitting in your garage?
Nope, side of the garage where I put it, but the hoses that are to irrigate the garden aren't on it. Didn't put in much of a garden this year with a new kid (fuck you, mikey's brother) so just haven't even paid attention to it.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Mother Nature is going to try and derail the Hawkeye Express. 9-12 inches of snow.

Take care of the ball, boyz.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
So basically it's just sitting in your garage?
Nope, side of the garage where I put it, but the hoses that are to irrigate the garden aren't on it. Didn't put in much of a garden this year with a new kid (fuck you, mikey's brother) so just haven't even paid attention to it.
Mikey's brother fathered "your" child?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I got a ticket from the neighbor but may not make it as an acquaintance passed and we are waiting to find out when the wake will be.

Kerky I will hit you up if I end up going.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Looks like he's mushroom stamping Columbus too.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If it snows the 9 to Full Loog inches they are thinking at this point, where do they even put all that snow at Kinnick? It isn't like most stadiums where they have some extra sideline or end zone area to push it down and pile it up, there is literally no place to shove it all over to because the sidelines are so small.

Going to need an army of people to get that stadium ready, especially with an 11am start time. If the roads are terrible and given it will be 27 degrees out, you might have about 20k fans at best in the stands.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Posted in the weathertard thread, but I'll re-post here, because...

CHOO CHOO, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
If it snows the 9 to Full Loog inches they are thinking at this point, where do they even put all that snow at Kinnick? It isn't like most stadiums where they have some extra sideline or end zone area to push it down and pile it up, there is literally no place to shove it all over to because the sidelines are so small.

Going to need an army of people to get that stadium ready, especially with an 11am start time. If the roads are terrible and given it will be 27 degrees out, you might have about 20k fans at best in the stands.
I can't remember ever having a game where there's been more than an inch or two beforehand. I wonder what the record for most snow for a game in Kinnick is.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score

I can't remember ever having a game where there's been more than an inch or two beforehand. I wonder what the record for most snow for a game in Kinnick is.
Don't know about most ever (@HawkLax6), but Iowa played Wisconsin in 1925 with 5 inches of snow.

Assuming the other sideline was equally filled, it looks like they had more than @douglasbader's 20k fans there, but then there weren't any millennials back then.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score

20k is like half of one of the sideline stands. I know we are all victims of our own hyperbole from time to time, but Jesus Christ that's dumb.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Seems to me there was about 6 inches on the ground for the Minnesota game in 1985....cold as hell, too. Also definitely more than a couple of inches for the Danan Hughes snow angel game in 1991.

douglasbader

Reaction score

20k is like half of one of the sideline stands. I know we are all victims of our own hyperbole from time to time, but Jesus Christ that's dumb.
It would be extreme, but this all could be lining up to be that way because of the timing.

- Current forecast shows nearly all of the snow (anywhere from 5 inches to 12 inches depending on the model) happening late night and overnight on Fri/Sat
- 11am start time
- Roads from Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, etc.... are going to be a mess. It is always seems to be worse after the first major snow because people forget how to fucking drive
- 27 degrees at kickoff
- Students are pussies and many will have left early now for Thanksgiving break.
- Close to zero visiting fans
- The game is against a 2-8 shitty Purdue team

That number I threw out is extreme, but if they it that high end of the storm and most of it is falling after midnight coupled with all of those factors, I could see it being very hard for anyone to really get to the stadium in a timely fashion that live outside the Iowa City area for an 11am start.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score

Who cares about the snow, where are they going to pile the corpses? There are going to be massive casualties and I'm not sure that pretender-in-chief Bruce Harreld has any idea what to do. This is going to be a clown show in the national eye and they're all going to laugh at us. I've long wished that the world would stop paying attention to Missouri, but not like this. Not like this.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Trying to figure out now if I should drive in Saturday morning and hope the snow is done or try to take off early enough Friday to beat it before it gets bad.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score

It would be extreme, but this all could be lining up to be that way because of the timing.

- Current forecast shows nearly all of the snow (anywhere from 5 inches to 12 inches depending on the model) happening late night and overnight on Fri/Sat
- 11am start time
- Roads from Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, etc.... are going to be a mess. It is always seems to be worse after the first major snow because people forget how to fucking drive
- 27 degrees at kickoff
- Students are pussies and many will have left early now for Thanksgiving break.
- Close to zero visiting fans
- The game is against a 2-8 shitty Purdue team

That number I threw out is extreme, but if they it that high end of the storm and most of it is falling after midnight coupled with all of those factors, I could see it being very hard for anyone to really get to the stadium in a timely fashion that live outside the Iowa City area for an 11am start.
Offset by the fact that a Big Ten Football Trophy will be in the house for the first time in 60 some odd home games.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Fuck caring about a divisional trophy. That's some ISU level bullshit and it should stop before it gets started.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
Fuck caring about a divisional trophy. That's some ISU level bullshit and it should stop before it gets started.
Fuck behaving based on ISU standards. That's some UNI level bullshit and it should stop before it gets started.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Trying to figure out now if I should drive in Saturday morning and hope the snow is done or try to take off early enough Friday to beat it before it gets bad.
I would start checking on hotel rooms before everyone else does.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Offset by the fact that a Big Ten Football Trophy will be in the house for the first time in 60 some odd home games.
I doubt that the Big Ten West trophy is going to drag people through a major snow storm and below freezing temps at 5am in the morning.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Jfc you pussies. Leave early, take it slow and go watch your ten and fucking zero Iowa Hawkeye turn this bitch up to eleven.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
@MikeyJoe you have to drive in Friday. If the snow is bad at all your 3 hour drive is going to turn into 5+, which basically means not going. Plus doesn't the guy you're going with live in IC? or is it the quad cities? If it's IC you don't even have to mess with a hotel. Just drive in Friday

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
@MikeyJoe you have to drive in Friday. If the snow is bad at all your 3 hour drive is going to turn into 5+, which basically means not going. Plus doesn't the guy you're going with live in IC? or is it the quad cities? If it's IC you don't even have to mess with a hotel. Just drive in Friday
Yeah, think I'm going to take off work Friday afternoon and try to beat the snow to Iowa City.

danish_hawkeye

Not a Cool Kid. Not in the Inner Circle of Trust
Reaction score
Jfc you pussies. Leave early, take it slow and go watch your ten and fucking zero Iowa Hawkeye turn this bitch up to eleven.
and pack gear in case you have to crash at wendys