Game Thread **Official Illinois State vs. Iowa Game Thread - 11:00am on BTN**

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
@brantshawks , when does the official tailgating thread get opened?
When I officially know if I can go to the game.....
Does ur wife keep your nut-sack on display in a jar on the fireplace mantle?
Nope. We don't have a fireplace.

Nah, this semester as she finishes up her RN, she's got clinicals for 8 hours and goes straight to her overnight shift for work every other weekend. Our main kidwatchers go to football games themselves...

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score

Nah, this semester as she finishes up her RN, she's got clinicals for 8 hours and goes straight to her overnight shift for work every other weekend. Our main kidwatchers go to football games themselves...
Stinky can babysit.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Please explain.
We are not going to be in a position where voters are looking at SOS to determine whether or not we make the playoffs, and Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl is not concerned with SOS.
Makes sense but a lot of people have commented on SOS
Much of the SOS discussion I have seen is in regards to scheduling boring opponents, not in regard to what are actual number will be.

Reaction score

Nice. You may just be able to retire at age 52

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score

Bring em along, they won't drink much, right?

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score

Nice. You may just be able to retire at age 52
She's going on to be a nurse practitioner, so I may be a full time muni golfer earlier than that.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Just say "my wife has to work" next time.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Everyone on the 2 deep roster is healthy. King is the KR and PR.

Reaction score
Getting out of camp healthy is a positive sign. We've have multiple slow starts because of OL shuffling due to injury in preaseason camp.

Other than Duzey working back from spring we've got who we wanted playing.

*knock on wood*

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
In regards to Smith, I would hope that going from the focal point of your high school offense into a number 5 receiver that won't ever touch the ball is pretty fucking easy.

Reaction score

Let's do some of Kirk's other favorite things:

Favorite pr0n sex position: missionary.
Favorite basketball shot: layup

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Exactly. Iowa has historically played down to their competition. It's what KF does.

FBS teams usually beat FCS teams so I'm sure Iowa will be fine :icon_rolleyes:
Again, the history of almost losing once?

There's a really weird self loathing prevalent among Iowa fans right now.
You don't get it Mikey, they totally almost lost to UNI 3 times even though they won!
What the fuck are you talking about? You're one of the worst self loathers.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
And comparing the run of the mill FCS team to Illinois state whilst ignoring our resume against 'inferior' competition is just as retarded.
Exactly. Iowa has historically played down to their competition. It's what KF does.

FBS teams usually beat FCS teams so I'm sure Iowa will be fine :icon_rolleyes:
Again, the history of almost losing once?

There's a really weird self loathing prevalent among Iowa fans right now.
Under KF, Iowa is 9-0 and wins by an average of 21.3 points against FCS opponents.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Reaction score

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
The reason that continuing to point out the 2009 game is retarded is that it was an outlier. FBS teams very very rarely lose to FCS teams.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. But pointing out that an unlikely outcome almost happened six years ago doesn't make it any less crazy to predict that an unlikely outcome will happen this year.
I keep seeing us lose 2-3 games every year - in Kinnick - to teams on par with Illinois state. Why a smart guy keeps falling back on the FBS/FCS line of bull - when this particular fcs team is clearly better than the lower third of fbs teams is bizarre.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I'm going to be the only tool in the history of Iowa message boards to cite a Tuesdays with Torbee column as motivational, but damn, it kinda got me pumped for Saturday. That sense of "shit or get off the pot" is feeding into the season, and I like it.

If none of these backs turn out to be very good, so be it. But at least they'll have fresh legs--and by last count, there's 8 of 'em. Our collective Hebraic nightmare is over.

Hawks 24
Redbirds 20

howler

Reaction score
It will take at least 2-0, and probably 4-0, for me to allow myself emotional investment in a successful season.
Horseshit.

If they annihilate Ill. State, you're clock-watching all day 9/12.

Reaction score
The reason that continuing to point out the 2009 game is retarded is that it was an outlier. FBS teams very very rarely lose to FCS teams.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. But pointing out that an unlikely outcome almost happened six years ago doesn't make it any less crazy to predict that an unlikely outcome will happen this year.
I keep seeing us lose 2-3 games every year - in Kinnick - to teams on par with Illinois state. Why a smart guy keeps falling back on the FBS/FCS line of bull - when this particular fcs team is clearly better than the lower third of fbs teams is bizarre.
this is complete bullshit, and you are either completely full of shit or a total liar to actually believe it. Iowa home losses to teams ranked below 60 in Massey since 2008:

- Iowa State (2014)
- Central Michigan (2012)
- Purdue (2012)

if you expand that to outside the top 50, you add Iowa State (2012), which means three of the games were dropped by the worst Iowa team in the last 15 years.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score

this is complete bullshit, and you are either completely full of shit or a total liar to actually believe it. Iowa home losses to teams ranked below 60 in Massey since 2008:

- Iowa State (2014)
- Purdue (2012)

if you expand that to outside the top 50, you add Iowa State (2012), which means three of the games were dropped by the worst Iowa team in the last 15 years.
Boom.

sergeanthulka

Reaction score

- Iowa State (2014)
- Purdue (2012)

if you expand that to outside ttop 50, you add Iowa State (2012), which means three of the games were dropped by the worst Iowa team in the last 15 years.

- Iowa State (2014)
- Purdue (2012)

Boom.
10-11 in Kinnick the last three years. including 17-13 over ball state, 31-23 over uni, and a 28-14 over a Missouri state team that wasn't even .500 in FCS.

But it's certainly good to see that you ass-necks have found your bravado after telling all of us for the last eight months how bad we were going to be...

Reaction score

- Iowa State (2014)
- Purdue (2012)

if you expand that to outside ttop 50, you add Iowa State (2012), which means three of the games were dropped by the worst Iowa team in the last 15 years.
10-11 in Kinnick the last three years. including 17-13 over ball state, 31-23 over uni, and a 28-14 over a Missouri state team that wasn't even .500 in FCS.

But it's certainly good to see that you ass-necks have found your bravado after telling all of us for the last eight months how bad we were going to be...
ah, so you've already amended the argument to had "sort of close games" because you realized that you were actually wrong and said something really dumb.

howler

Reaction score
They aren't losing, but the perception is there. May as well add in unnecessary close calls to Purdue ('08) and Ark St ('09). Those were just awful, awful teams.

sergeanthulka

Reaction score
Lol. OK. We are really really tough at home, and losing to isu should borderline shock all of us.

Remember the context of this discussion was the assertion that it was retarded to use the '09 uni game as an indication that isu could beat us.

We don't need to use the uni game. We've sucked ass plenty more recently than that... you can spin 10-11 all you want.

Reaction score
I'm going to be the only tool in the history of Iowa message boards to cite a Tuesdays with Torbee column as motivational, but damn, it kinda got me pumped for Saturday. That sense of "shit or get off the pot" is feeding into the season, and I like it.

If none of these backs turn out to be very good, so be it. But at least they'll have fresh legs--and by last count, there's 8 of 'em. Our collective Hebraic nightmare is over.

Hawks 24
Redbirds 20
Still haven't read a TWT. Someday maybe.

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Iowa should have lost to UNI in 2009....and that was Kirk's last good team. Why would it be a huge surprise if Illinois State beat this year's Iowa team? I think Iowa wins but wouldn't be surprised if they lost.
This is kind of where I'm at. After all the turds Ferentz has dropped on the Kinnick turf, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Iowa lost, even though I'm pretty sure they'll win by a couple of touchdowns.

Reaction score
With the tempered hate just waiting to erupt I would be very surprised if Iowa lost this game. If there was ever a time for Kirk to win a couple of games this and 9/12 are the ones. I would much more prefer a revitalized Kirk winning games than the nuclear option that may or may not solve anything.