**Official 2019 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ll ever totally get over the Michigan State game until Iowa makes the CFP. They would have been killed by Alabama, too, but that’s real estate Iowa hasn’t resided in for decades.
That final drive of MSU’s was just the absolute worst. All along seemingly knowing they would score and the clock just kept dwindling away. Fuck!!!!

Reaction score
Yep. Had them close to stopped a couple different times and could never make that one last big play. Gut wrenching.

Last edited:

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Hey, motherfuckers, this is the thread about the next undefeated season, not the last one. Put away the violins and break out the Stratocasters. We gonna get hiiiiggghhh!

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Hey, motherfuckers, this is the thread about the next undefeated season, not the last one. Put away the violins and break out the Stratocasters. We gonna get hiiiiggghhh!
Let’s remember what a shitty post that was from Bung, and then move in.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
That was nice, but I’m kinda surprised Iowa wasn’t mentioned at either o-line or db.

HawkeyeJonesEsq

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That was nice, but I’m kinda surprised Iowa wasn’t mentioned at either o-line or db.
I wondered the same about OL. Also, TE seemed to be too far in the past putting Miami ahead of Iowa... and if you are going to do that you need to factor in Kellen Winslow Jr. past and present.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Was going to have to go to Juco, I think Iowa released him from his LOI and then he qualified and went to MSU. Sucks for Iowa.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
well that fucking sucks.

How can he not get in to Iowa yet MSU is challenging the clearinghouse issue?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
From the squabble I found on random message boards, seems he got his shit straight this summer and qualified late. Since he had been released, he was free to go anywhere.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
From the squabble I found on random message boards, seems he got his shit straight this summer and qualified late. Since he had been released, he was free to go anywhere.
I don't think this is the case though. Iowa would still hold his signing rights if I remember correctly as they did with Nixon.

Sounds like they might have simply cut him loose.