**Official 2017 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I think he was as wrasslin coach at Wahlert when he passed. Maybe some of our Golden Eagle alums know.
My connection to the wrestling program resigned in 2013. I don't stay up to date anymore after a family friend passed through a couple years ago so I'm unfamiliar.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
KOK better be offset by someone exciting
Agreed. KOK as QB coach is acceptable - can't really complain about how he handled that part of his job last time around. I'd like to see some younger, more exciting guys get the other openings though.

Bob

Reaction score
O'Keefe would make sense. He's familiar with the program, which they seem to value a lot, presumably has a good relationship with both Ferentzs and is an experienced OC who can act as a sounding board for Brian as he transitions into the new job. Kirk talked a lot about how great it was to have an experienced DC in Jim Reid on staff to help Phil Parker grow into that role. This would be kinda similar, although Reid was a more accomplished coordinator than o'keefe.

The downside is that he's another boring old white guy who is not going to bring much to the recruiting trail (though hopefully you can find that with the RB and WR coach hires, where the position coaching part is less demanding and you can get away with someone less experienced), and it's not someone who is going to bring any fresh ideas. Though after Greg Davis even the Ken O'Keefe passing game is looking pretty good, so at least it's probably not a step down.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
I miss the crossing routes and play action bootlegs to a wide open tight end.

Edit/ Essentially I'm super fuckin psyched GDGD is gone.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
LOL if they bring back KOK. That said, they do need to bring someone in with experience in play calling.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I'm guess fine with it as long as the next to hires are young guys but would have preferred someone else

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Seems like an odd move unless they either think he can win the job or have a specific set of plays in mind they think they can use him in.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Seems like an odd move unless they either think he can win the job or have a specific set of plays in mind they think they can use him in.
Or one of the QBs is leaving (I know nothing, just message board spitballing)?

Reaction score
Or they convinced Cook he'd be better utilized elsewhere

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Or he sucks at receiver.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
I love that Deadpool gif.