**Official 2017 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
That article gave me a bit of a boner. What a luxury to have a proven backup at RB with the clusterfuck we've got at receiver.

Reaction score
Ferentz had an awesome dig yesterday:

Q: You have been at odds with the doing away of two a days.

FERENTZ: Yeah, I think I am finally coming to grips with it. We will have more discussion with the staff next week, but I think it’s finally starting to come into focus. We will make it work. Quite frankly my biggest concern right now is I am worried about the guys getting stale because of the longevity.

I do pay attention and I know the NFL has done this for a couple of years. I also noticed a trend that stuff trickles downhill and that hasn’t changed. The difference is that in the NFL they play four preseason games, so after a couple of weeks, we have a game on Thursday night, so it’s a different mindset. For our guys, it will be like driving across a state. I won’t name it, but we did it in one shot and went out to a wedding in Colorado and it was like man. That’s what I’m worried about.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score

Bob

Reaction score
Does anyone know if he's actually any good?
Lord knows we wouldn't want someone taking snaps from Nick Easley.

He is probably not very good but we're very much in a beggers can't be choosers situation with WR at this point unless a freshman or two is good right away.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he's actually any good?
This is so Iowa it's hilarious, but since New Mexico was such a run first team, one of his best abilities is his blocking. So he's essentially a starter from day one.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
In 2008, Iowa junior incumbent Jake Christensen battled sophomore Ricky Stanzi throughout camp and the season’s first month. It wasn’t until the fifth week that Stanzi became the starter. He eventually led Iowa to three bowl victories.
Fun fact: this is the same number of bowl victories as Iowa State's entire program.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

FERENTZ: Yeah, I think I am finally coming to grips with it. We will have more discussion with the staff next week, but I think it’s finally starting to come into focus. We will make it work. Quite frankly my biggest concern right now is I am worried about the guys getting stale because of the longevity.

I do pay attention and I know the NFL has done this for a couple of years. I also noticed a trend that stuff trickles downhill and that hasn’t changed. The difference is that in the NFL they play four preseason games, so after a couple of weeks, we have a game on Thursday night, so it’s a different mindset. For our guys, it will be like driving across a state. I won’t name it, but we did it in one shot and went out to a wedding in Colorado and it was like man. That’s what I’m worried about.
I don't get it.

Bob

Reaction score

I don't get it.
He is shitting on Nebrantska, although in the most boring Kirk Ferentz way possible

Reaction score

I don't get it.

Bob

Reaction score
Q: "Is it possible Mansell could start?"

A: "Uh, I doubt it but sure I guess?"

Everyone: PEYTON MANSELL MIGHT START OMG!!!!!!

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score

It's possible Valpo will get laid tonight.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

Exaggerate much?

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
First he gets pwned in the ferentz savant memory thread and now lime abruptly stops dhofr.

Not good.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
17th place at the NCAA track championships seems pretty good for Iowa. I don't remember the Hawks usually making much noise in track and field. Too bad the dude favored in the hurdles only came in 4th.
That's as high as they've ever finished, I believe. NCAA meets are a crapshoot somewhat and loaded toward schools with strong sprinters, which is what Iowa has become under Woody. He gets it.
Ogwo is transferring to TCU to run track there.

Last edited:

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Who doesn't like to get a little boozy and drive a bit? It is actually kind of fun.