**Official 2017 Iowa Football Off-Season Thread**

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
The unfinished business hashtag is pretty gay. I'm just glad he didn't put that in some dumbass letter.

fuisu98

Asp Wielder
Reaction score
This is great news but this disturbs me greatly about Chad. Clean that shit up.

IMG_1253.JPG

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
The unfinished business hashtag is pretty gay. I'm just glad he didn't put that in some dumbass letter.
I finally realized the real reason why Allen Lazard decided to come back to ISU next year. He had unfinished business...

couldn't find his glasses

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
fwiw peace

Can Kirk Ferentz win #3 or even join Evy ...

Iowa Football ...

Evy and the youth and success of the 1950s ...

Evy, the AD, and the chaos and turmoil of the 1960s.

19 years of darkness ...

3 coaches that found happiness in Happy Valley and were a part in the on the field decline of Joe Pa and Penn State ..

6 to 4 in 2004, with Drew Tate, as QB. Iowa beats Ohio State 33-6 (do I have right score).

The State of Iowa Football ...

Let's remain positive, with the potential for upward success. It wasn't going to continue with former Texas OC Greg Davis.

He was far more successful north of the Mason-Dixon line than Gene Chizik, but he wasn't the right fit for Iowa nor the Big Ten. He clearly enjoyed teaching and his relationship with C.J. Beathard was positive.

Iowa isn't competitive against Penn State. It wouldn't matter, if it was Ken O'Keefe or Greg Davis. O'Keefe couldn't get it done vs. OSU and Davis did bring something to the series vs. Urban Meyer, but neither could jump over the hurdle.

Recruiting is part of it. Iowa had some good parts in the final run of Hayden Fry, but lacked at OC and in the trenches ultimately.

Kirk Ferentz is entering an important window in Year 19. Iowa can't afford a Year 20 like Fry or like Ferentz in 2012.

However, the next two years are going to be interesting and important.

It starts with the final parts for the Class of 2017 and the new coaching staff, new and old, that Kirk Ferentz will assemble.

I do believe Iowa will have a window to beat Wisconsin or another I am a giant douche West foe for a 2nd division title.

The 2015 team went 12-0, but it wasn't close to being the most talented Iowa team, but it was up there with 2002 with output in the win column.

The back to back wins over ISU was special. Getting Michigan and Nebrantska (first in 35 years) was too!

Kirk Ferentz, except for the 1990 and 1991 high marks, has been a part of the 1981 to 2016 successes. He has been a part of some lows, as well, but he has left the program far more memorable, than not.

It took Dr. Tom Osborne a long time to reach the highest marks. The 2015 season at Iowa came a minute away from a CFP birth.

Wow, Year 2 of the CFP was almost a huge quest for a rural, fly over state.

I for one am happy with 2017 and the hope of this program. It may crash and burn, but there is some life in Iowa.

Thank goodness Iowa Hayden Fry didn't retire, after the 1995 season and his monumental Sun Bowl win.

#Until

MoneyPit

Cheers for the best looking H.S. girls team
Reaction score
Randy Peterson gets paid to write like that.

Reaction score
I finally realized the real reason why Allen Lazard decided to come back to ISU next year. He had unfinished business...

Hey guys, I had to come out of hiding to point out how bad of a joke this is and the fact he got 19 likes for it. You guys are a bunch of white trash dorks. Glad to be back.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Hey guys, I had to come out of hiding to point out how bad of a joke this is and the fact he got 19 likes for it. You guys are a bunch of white trash dorks. Glad to be back.
Were you on winter break with nothing to do sort of like your loser football team?

Reaction score
Lazard had to come back......FOR HIS GLASSES!!!! Am I doing this right, Vint? Geese?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Allen game back to reach the elusive double digit wins. Career wins that is

douglasbader

Reaction score
OK, I'll let you guys get back to your #unfinishedbusiness
We are trying to feel what it is like to be a Cyclone fan where your entire roughly 120 year history is unfinished business.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa State is still seeking that elusive first 9 win regular season.

Good luck! I bet in another 120 years or so they might reach that lofty goal.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the unfinished business thing was really gay and you should make fun of us for it.

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the unfinished business thing was really gay and you should make fun of us for it.
It's really not that bad. Your coaches, players and fans are very much like the majority of America. I know you like to think otherwise.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa State is still seeking that elusive first 9 win regular season.

Good luck! I bet in another 120 years or so they might reach that lofty goal.
Keep 'em coming, dougie! You're killing it!
#10winshopefullyinmycareer

Who knew that his jersey number would turn out to be an unattainable regular season win goal?

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
OK, I'll let you guys get back to your #unfinishedbusiness
Should we have held a press conference to announce a potential mid round pick was returning or is his own twitter account ok?

Reaction score

Who knew that his jersey number would turn out to be an unattainable regular season win goal?

For starters, you could've found a pic in which he wasn't walking out of Historic Kinnick Stadium with a W.

douglasbader

Reaction score

For starters, you could've found a pic in which he wasn't walking out of Historic Kinnick Stadium with a W.
I wanted to be supportive and give a pic that wasn't a win against Kansas.

Reaction score
Should we have held a press conference to announce a potential mid round pick was returning or is his own twitter account ok?
I really couldn't care less. I'll meet you guys in the most popular thread on Hawkeye Lounge, the one talking about the Iowa State Cyclones.

Reaction score

so, during your hiding, you were reading an Iowa football offseason thread?

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
I just saw Jordan Canzeri in a Billion Auto commercial.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Hi Chris! When's the next terrible Fuzzy's Tacos ad coming out?

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
It's really not that bad. Your coaches, players and fans are very much like the majority of America. I know you like to think otherwise.
I agree with this. It's those fucking dork fans of yours that are the outliers.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Any rumblings about any redshirts looking particularly good in bowl prep?

Reaction score
If Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz becomes offensive coordinator does his short hand become BFBF (for Butt Fuckin' Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz)?

Last edited:

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
So you have to be a Hawkeye All-Access subscriber on hawkeyesports.com to watch Ferentz' press conference? I seem to remember people last year bitching about that and then they made it available to everyone.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
That defense could be pretty salty again.