**North Dakota vs. Iowa - Tuesday 12/20 - 8:00pm BTN**

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
That Jones thought that was "competing" and "competitive" behavior tells me all I need to know.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I know Baer was surprised with the douchebag stripping him of the ball there but if that's me, with the way the entire game had been played and especially the last few minutes, I would have had that thing chinned ready to throw a timely bow.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I know Baer was surprised with the douchebag stripping him of the ball there but if that's me, with the way the entire game had been played and especially the last few minutes, I would have had that thing chinned ready to throw a timely bow.
yep. Its like a fighter immediately dropping his gloves at the bell and getting cold cocked. If they were being that chippy, you protect yourself.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Iowa, like all fanbases, have way more retarded/clueless fans than they do knowledgeable ones. I guarantee you that almost all of the retarded/clueless fans that think Fran handled that badly have booed a kid like Adam Woodbury on more than one occasion.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Iowa, like all fanbases, have way more retarded/clueless fans than they do knowledgeable ones. I guarantee you that almost all of the retarded/clueless fans that think Fran handled that badly have booed a kid like Adam Woodbury on more than one occasion.
Hard to boo when you're licking your ice cream cone.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
You get a like for that bow. Twice if I could.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
I feel like everyone is losing sight of just how big of douchebags those ND players are.

Last edited:

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Connor has become a critical recruit barring some surprise signing. Williams is the biggest disappointment in years.
Lol. What?

That is really dumb. Also, it isn't even January yet.
Name a bigger one.
Connor has become a critical recruit barring some surprise signing. Williams is the biggest disappointment in years.
Lol. What?

That is really dumb. Also, it isn't even January yet.
Name a bigger one.
Your guy Ogs

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
They could learn a thing from Jacob Jaacks

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Post from the UND message boards. Sounds like this kind of behavior by their players is not exactly out of the ordinary.

Late game and post game ugly theatrics are becoming too common this year. At some point the UND team needs to look at itself and say "maybe it's me."

Fights at end of ndsu game, Iowa refusing to shake hands, sdsu and usd refusing to schedule us. It may end up being more than our record pushing Jones out.
There are a few other posts similar to this.

This program is so embarrassing at times. My gawd.

How many times has Jones or his team had an issue at the end of the game with their opponent?

Either no handshake or teams having to leave court, or fly by handshakes that make him look like a jackass.

Reaction score
Fran is sorry:

McCaffery told ESPN's Jeff Goodman on Wednesday morning that he regretted what happened after the game and that he texted an apology to Jones afterward.

"I feel bad about it. I have a lot of respect for Brian Jones," McCaffery told ESPN. "I wish it didn't happen. I wish I shook hands.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
There are variables and constants leading to these end of the game shenanigans. Jones and his team are the constants.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Fran is sorry:

McCaffery told ESPN's Jeff Goodman on Wednesday morning that he regretted what happened after the game and that he texted an apology to Jones afterward.

"I feel bad about it. I have a lot of respect for Brian Jones," McCaffery told ESPN. "I wish it didn't happen. I wish I shook hands.
Lotta Halo crow.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Fuck that. Stick to your guns, Fran. You don't have to be Mr. Nice Guy.

Reaction score
Typically I'd think any apology would be the result of a chat with barta, but this went beyond that. Fran was legit sorry.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I was telling my wife that Iowa needed to take a knee on their last possession before halftime against Nebrantska and this guy in front of me turned around and told me I'm the worst kind of Iowa fan because I don't have faith in the team to go 85 yards in 25 seconds. The same guy was tearing Mabin a new one in the first game yelling as loud as he could that he's the worst corner Kirk has ever had. He also left every game at halftime to go drink in the parking lot and didn't show up to the Michigan game.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I was telling my wife that Iowa needed to take a knee on their last possession before halftime against Nebrantska and this guy in front of me turned around and told me I'm the worst kind of Iowa fan because I don't have faith in the team to go 85 yards in 25 seconds. The same guy was tearing Mabin a new one in the first game yelling as loud as he could that he's the worst corner Kirk has ever had. He also left every game at halftime to go drink in the parking lot and didn't show up to the Michigan game.
sounds like the guy that sits just to my right

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Fran is sorry:

Lotta Halo crow.
If it wasn't for a bunch of powder puffs like NLP this wouldn't even be a story. He didn't want to hurt your people's feelings.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Fran is sorry:

Lotta Halo crow.
If it wasn't for a bunch of powder puffs like NLP this wouldn't even be a story. He didn't want to hurt your people's feelings.
Having class never goes out of style.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Fran has always had a little Bobby Knight in him. But this is really not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Fran wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't some former Hawks on the other side.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Everytime Uhl touches the ball, he takes a few dribbles and stops and kicks it back out. For me, he is the most dissapionting recruit of the Fran era.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I don't fault Fran for doing what he did last night and don't fault him now for saying he regretted it, and I bet he did. He wasn't wrong in either case.

He is handling it fine and any blowback is coming from people who are hot taking it up on social media and didn't actually watch the game. Who cares, it is a mid-December game and this will cycle out of the "news" in the next 24 hours and nobody will give a shit.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Front page on MSN news.

Dumb, obviously not much going on

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Hard to boo when you're licking your ice cream cone.
Hard to boo when you're licking a lot of things.

fuisu98

Asp Wielder
Reaction score
I'm fine with the no handshake and equally as fine with his apology. Fran is a competitor and brings an intensity and fire to every game that this program desperately needed. I don't think that skipping the handshakes was classless, just an emotional reaction. If this were the criminal we a) would have lost, badly b) rolled over and apologized immediately for making them thug it up and act bushleague. I'm happy that Iowa is winning again and building a strong program that puts players into the NBA/euro leagues and graduates them.

I'm also fine with Fran calming down and apologizing after some reflection. I'll take his emotion and outbursts every single game if it means I never have to see a guy like Alford or that dead fish looking fuck The Criminal ever again.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
The postgame handshake is largely an empty gesture, done only because that's the way it's always been done. Withholding the handshake when it was legitimately not a good game is the right move. If you're going to line up and shake hands, do it because you mean it, not because there's safety from criticism in following the herd.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Having class never goes out of style.
LOL!
Front page on MSN news.

Dumb, obviously not much going on
These are your people. Woodbury was front page news as well. That doesn't mean anything.
k billy.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don't fault Fran for doing what he did last night and don't fault him now for saying he regretted it, and I bet he did. He wasn't wrong in either case.

He is handling it fine and any blowback is coming from people who are hot taking it up on social media and didn't actually watch the game. Who cares, it is a mid-December game and this will cycle out of the "news" in the next 24 hours and nobody will give a shit.
I've seen more than a few hot takes on twitter from Wisconsin fans.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
You either have a complete pussy like The Criminal who gets his ass kicked for years, shakes hands and smiles, or you can have a guy like Fran, who is fired up, acts like an ass occasionally, and actually cares about the program and players.

I'll take Fran every day.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Iowa State fans seem genuinely upset about this.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
It's mind-boggling that Iowa fans are so quick to bash McCaffery. I'm not talking about just this incident. Fans constantly bitch about substitution patterns, missed recruits, late season collapses, and his behavior. Fuck all of them. The job he has done in turning around the program is incredible. It's fine to question him from time to time but fuck you if you're calling for him to be fired or taking to social media with your complaints.

It's like these people have forgotten how truly awful Iowa was as of 2009. Just putrid. They won 4 conference games in '09 - '10 and hadn't sniffed the tournament in 8 years. Under Fran, Iowa has had 20 or more wins in 4 straight seasons and made the tournament the last 3 years. They should be preparing to build a statue of him but instead people worry about stupid shit like his temper.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It's mind-boggling that Iowa fans are so quick to bash McCaffery. I'm not talking about just this incident. Fans constantly bitch about substitution patterns, missed recruits, late season collapses, and his behavior. Fuck all of them. The job he has done in turning around the program is incredible. It's fine to question him from time to time but fuck you if you're calling for him to be fired or taking to social media with your complaints.

It's like these people have forgotten how truly awful Iowa was as of 2009. Just putrid. They won 4 conference games in '09 - '10 and hadn't sniffed the tournament in 8 years. Under Fran, Iowa has had 20 or more wins in 4 straight seasons and made the tournament the last 3 years. They should be preparing to build a statue of him but instead people worry about stupid shit like his temper.
I have been saying that for a while, but it isn't surprising as Iowa has some of the absolute worst fans in college basketball.