Neutral Site Game

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
dochterman is reporting that we will play Colorado in Sioux Falls next year. Fran seems to be learning how to schedule.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
dochterman is reporting that we will play Colorado in Sioux Falls next year. Fran seems to be learning how to schedule.
I don't think I'm going to get excited to know the Hawkeyes are playing in Sioux falls

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Neutral site game vs decent team. Will have more positive RPI impact than a buy game or even vs a mid big east team at home.

Reaction score
Because the Big Ten Tournament is staged in New York City and held a week earlier in 2018, two of Iowa’s conference games will be held before mid-December, McCaffery said.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
The other cool tidbit:

"Iowa is eligible for a summer foreign tour in 2017 and plans to play exhibition games in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. Junior forward Dom Uhl hails from Frankfort, Germany."

Like that Fran did that for Gabe and even though Uhl has been a let down, doing it for him too.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
The other cool tidbit:

"Iowa is eligible for a summer foreign tour in 2017 and plans to play exhibition games in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. Junior forward Dom Uhl hails from Frankfort, Germany."

Like that Fran did that for Gabe and even though Uhl has been a let down, doing it for him too.
Really really good timing here IMO. Team can get used to playing without Pete.

Reaction score
The other cool tidbit:

Frankfurt, Scott.

Reaction score
Let's just hope they don't encounter any flyin' saucers up there...

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I get neutral site games but fucking Sioux Falls? Who does that benefit? How about KC again

Reaction score
I get neutral site games but fucking Sioux Falls? Who does that benefit? How about KC again
Financially it's a pretty good deal, throws a bone to NW Iowa fans and will be a Hawkeye crowd. Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa State have all played there the last few years.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Because the Big Ten Tournament is staged in New York City and held a week earlier in 2018, two of Iowa’s conference games will be held before mid-December, McCaffery said.
Soooooooooooooo fucking stupid they're playing a week early just to have it in NYC.

Reaction score

Probably have more Iowa people there to support the team than at that Big Four thing in Des Moines.

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
I dont really care much either way since I think the idea is kinda dumb to use either site. But I can kind of understand this guy's point. I just assumed it either came down to facilities, one of Barta's buddies from the past, or money.

And lol at Fran saying we aren't out there trying to make every dollar. Surely he knows Barta better than that.

However the biggest lol is Zach McCabe having a stellar career at Iowa. For that, the author can go suck a fat one.

Reaction score
I dont really care much either way since I think the idea is kinda dumb to use either site. But I can kind of understand this guy's point. I just assumed it either came down to facilities, one of Barta's buddies from the past, or money.

And lol at Fran saying we aren't out there trying to make every dollar. Surely he knows Barta better than that.

However the biggest lol is Zach McCabe having a stellar career at Iowa. For that, the author can go suck a fat one.
this is an event that has existed for several years. Wisconsin, Iowa State, Wichita State, and Minnesota have all played there. the difference between Sioux Falls and Sioux City is that the former has a group who has taken the initiative and startup money to organize. its a terrible point, because he's basically bitching about Iowa accepting an invite to something that exists instead of something that doesn't exist

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

He has no point.

Reaction score

He has no point.
Someone is making money, and pipe won't stand for it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I'm sure a pac 12 opponent would have found playing in Iowa a neutral court LOL

PipeDaddy

Reaction score

He has no point.
Someone is making money, and pipe won't stand for it.
Yep, totally accurate summary of my post.

PipeDaddy

Reaction score

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

PipeDaddy

Reaction score
Reaction score

PipeDaddy

Reaction score

PipeDaddy

Reaction score
You bitched about money twice in 3 paragraphs. It was very accurate.
My reference to Barta in the second was the only "bitch" if you will.
You said it was dumb and probably due to Barta's buddies or money.
I mentioned facilities, Barta buddies (meaning past relationships), or money. I would say any of those would be potential reasons for choosing one site over the other, and not bad ones. I'm not white knighting Sioux City here. Hell, I despise Sioux City.

My point was simply meant to be that all things being equal I'd prefer to keep that money in Iowa. I kind of understood his point. Clearly things aren't equal so whatever. I'd prefer we went to a better venue anyway, not a shithole like either Sioux.

Natty Bumppo

Chiropractor for Eyes
Reaction score
They may not get a Hawkeye game but this isn't a bad consolation prize:

PipeDaddy

Reaction score
Remember that cruise ship that lost power in the Gulf of Mexico and floated around for days without plumbing. That should be renamed after Sioux City.