Game Thread Beat Tennessee

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Beyond knowing who their coach is and that, like us, they are quite average, I know little about them. Do they have any impressive wins? Based on what I do know, I don't expect them to embarrass our Hawkeyes, which is nice.

Reaction score
Beyond knowing who their coach is and that, like us, they are quite average, I know little about them. Do they have any impressive wins? Based on what I do know, I don't expect them to embarrass our Hawkeyes, which is nice.
They are in the SEC, which means that Iowa should lose by something like 48 points.

Gushawk

Reaction score
I don't believe you, Aloha.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to running down to the bookstore to pick up my official 2015 TaxSlayer Bowl gear. Who's gonna be in line with me?!

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Tennessee is said to be this year's version of Ole Miss.
Young, talented, athletic.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to running down to the bookstore to pick up my official 2015 TaxSlayer Bowl gear. Who's gonna be in line with me?!
I will be paying $20 for a bowl stein because of tradition and stuff.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
The TN players are going to think it's some sort of Make a Wish Foundation thing when they see Weisman running the ball. He should shave his head.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Now that the excitement of the bowl selection is over, hooray for another game of Jake Rudock handing off to Mark Weisman for stretch runs against an SEC Defense while executing Greg Davis called plays under the watchful eye of Kurt and Garta.

Sounds exciting.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
Whether it's Tennessee or Florida or Stanford in the Taxslayer or Foster Farms Bowls, it only means one thing to me. One game closer to the end for Kirk, Greg & Jake.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm really happy that Kurt gave away that game to Nebrantska. 8-4 and playing USC in the Holiday Bowl would have been too flashy for this program.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I'm drunk at the country club (Tascosa) and I gots me a HUGE dick

howler

Reaction score
Beating the Vols would be a sizable consolation for me, but it's gonna take money, a whole lotta spending money, it's gonna take plenty of money, to do it right, child.

Gushawk

Reaction score
There's no reason Mark and Jake can't improve just as much as those freshmen over the layoff, right?

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how ticket sales go for this one.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
I might go and get a cabana. Gonna wear a Hawkeye banana hammock and just party my face off.

Reaction score
Tennessee fans seem excited for this game on VolQuest. Probably because bowl eligibility against an actual schedule is an accomplishment for a program that's been struggling lately, and Iowa looks like an easy win. Also, I'll have to beg for afternoon PTO on the 2nd because I got both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Beating the Vols would be a sizable consolation for me, but it's gonna take money, a whole lotta spending money, it's gonna take plenty of money, to do it right, child.
It also takes time...a whole lot of precious time. It's gonna take patience and time..ooh...to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it right, child. We all know how Kirk handles time, Howla...you're fucked.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
He's fucking with us again:

"One great thing about sports, you get another opportunity to line up and play and go back to work and focus on what's in front of you," said Ferentz, who landed his 12th bowl bid (and eighth in Florida) in his 16 seasons at Iowa. "That's the attitude I've seen our team take already. We've only had two workouts, but so far (they've) been good."

The fresh-slate theme extends to every position battle, Ferentz said — including quarterback. Without using their names, Ferentz wouldn't rule out starting sophomore C.J. Beathard (a native Tennessean) over junior Jake Rudock.

Rudock was off-and-on in compiling a 6-5 record as a starter. Beathard became a fan favorite by rallying Iowa past Pittsburgh after Rudock was hurt, then won his only start at Purdue the following week.

"We sit here at 7-5 right now, so I can't imagine that we won't evaluate," Ferentz said. "I can't imagine there's not too much that's not open for grabs. It's been that way all season. It'll be that way over the next month. Everybody's got to earn their spot, their position, their playing time.

"We're a 7-5 football team. We're looking to get better. That leaves everything up for discussion. Most importantly, open to competition
."

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Yep, he's considering starting Beathard after not playing him since garbage time at Minnesota. WTF.

Eastside Ray Ray

Cleans his ass with toilet water
Reaction score
Tennessee is going to be really good beginning next year and into the future.

Jacksonville is a fun time (or at least during UGA-FLA week). The landing is a good spot. You could go for a run along the Atlantic Ocean in Jacksonville Beach.

I've also got a few girls I 'met' in Jax that I'd be willing to pass their numbers along if you guys that do go, are looking for a local favor.

douglasbader

Reaction score

"One great thing about sports, you get another opportunity to line up and play and go back to work and focus on what's in front of you," said Ferentz, who landed his 12th bowl bid (and eighth in Florida) in his 16 seasons at Iowa. "That's the attitude I've seen our team take already. We've only had two workouts, but so far (they've) been good."

The fresh-slate theme extends to every position battle, Ferentz said — including quarterback. Without using their names, Ferentz wouldn't rule out starting sophomore C.J. Beathard (a native Tennessean) over junior Jake Rudock.

Rudock was off-and-on in compiling a 6-5 record as a starter. Beathard became a fan favorite by rallying Iowa past Pittsburgh after Rudock was hurt, then won his only start at Purdue the following week.

"We sit here at 7-5 right now, so I can't imagine that we won't evaluate," Ferentz said. "I can't imagine there's not too much that's not open for grabs. It's been that way all season. It'll be that way over the next month. Everybody's got to earn their spot, their position, their playing time.

"We're a 7-5 football team. We're looking to get better. That leaves everything up for discussion. Most importantly, open to competition
."
Who fucking wrote that? I read the whole transcript, and if anything, he went the opposite way on that question. He responded "almost every spot" is open.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Here is the exact transcript. He barely left it open. Stop it people.

Q. Do you feel like you got enough out of your quarterback this year? Do you anticipate any kind of reevaluation of that position either for the Bowl game or going forward?

COACH FERENTZ: I’ll say this about every position. We sit here at 7-5 right now. I can’t imagine there’s too much that we won’t evaluate or too much that’s not open for grabs.

And it’s been that way all season. It will be that way certainly over the next month. Everybody has to earn their spot in their position, their playing time, and I don’t see that changing. But the thing that has changed now we’ve got three plus weeks and a lot more practices than you would have in a game week to make some evaluations.

But the three captains you’ll visit with tonight, my guess is they’ll all line up and start in the Bowl game. I’d be surprised if they didn’t.

But, hey, we’re a 7-5 football team. We’re looking to get better and that leaves everything open for discussion and most importantly open to competition.

Q. Would you say that C.J. Beathard is open to upward mobility?

COACH FERENTZ: I said, for the most part, everybody’s positions are up. And we’ll see how this month transpires.

howler

Reaction score
Did Barta get sold on the Taxslayer bowl back in September and say: Where do I sign up?

I can't say for sure how accurate that it is, but it's worth investigating.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score

."
Who fucking wrote that? I read the whole transcript, and if anything, he went the opposite way on that question. He responded "almost every spot" is open.
Straight from the PC article.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Did Barta get sold on the Taxslayer bowl back in September and say: Where do I sign up?

I can't say for sure how accurate that it is, but it's worth investigating.
He said that jokingly.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Kurt is full of shit. He isn't starting Beathard or even looking at it on any level.